Summer is just around the corner and soon enough our kid's will be on summer vacation. I am always looking for activities for my kid's to do throughout the summer to help offset the inevitable "I'm bored" comments. I just came across a great summer reading program for children in grades 1-6. It's a good way to keep them interested in reading during their summer break and they will look forward to receiving a FREE book upon completion of the reading program.
Click Here To Learn More
Here are the details on the summer reading program from Barnes and Noble's Website:
Here's How It Works:
1. Kids read any eight (8) books of their own choosing.
2. Kids use the Summer Reading Journal to tell us their favorite part of each book. A parent/guardian signs the journal when it's complete. You can also get a Spanish-language Reading Journal.
3. Children bring their completed Reading Journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 26th & September 7th, 2009.
4. We'll give them a coupon for a FREE book! They choose from a list of exceptional paperback titles.*
* Eligible books will be listed on the coupon. Choices must be made from available stock. No special orders. Limit of one (1) form per school-age child (grades 1-6), please. Incomplete forms will be ineligible for free books.
Also, check with your local library for summer reading programs. Our local libraries have fun summer reading programs. I like to encourage my daughter to keep reading in the summer and these programs help!